There are several types of kids at Birthday parties.
There are the ones that can turn the balls from the ball-pit into weapons of mass destruction. Those kids belong to the parents with their own sippy cup of somethin-somethin.....
Then there is the kid who turns the jump house into his own WWE match. That kid's parents are the ones wearing the Wrestle Mania Tour shirts cheering on little Timmy to drop kick Sally.
Then there are the ADHD-ers who have had to many cupcakes and are flinging their bodies around like they are in a human pin ball machine. That kid's parent is the one with the Big Gulp cup full of Mountain Dew actually playing the pin ball machine at the b-day party joint.
You know who you are. :)
Don't get me wrong. I love taking my little bruizer to birthday parties but my goodness...I wish I drank. Internally I am wincing and restraining myself so Mr. Caiden can have a good time with out me hovering like a news helicopter at a 20 car pile up on Hwy 45.
Birthday parties are huge source of anxiety for me but I don't let that stop me from taking him. When it's his own Birthday party, I have authority to yell at his friends to knock it off so he doesn't have to spend the rest of his party with an ice pack and factor infusion. And my friends have been great in making sure their kiddos behave.
The problem is when I go to other people's parties and there are kids there that don't know about Hemophilia. The last thing I want to do is have to educate perfect strangers as to why their kid needs to keep their hands to themselves. They should be doing that anyway. Hemophilia or not.
So I shall continue taking Caiden and I still want to be invited but the sweat on my brow isn't from my ever-messed up hormones... It's me trying to look perfectly normal and watch my kid out of the corner of my eye at all times.
Hugs.... much love... you should come to our parties (*Grin) at least if your hemo gets sat on the sidelines, he's likely to have 2 other guys with him getting factored and saying "Oh Man Caiden!!! Wanna Do That AGAIN??"
ReplyDeleteCarri N.
Totally have factored at bday party. Just my own bruiser not getting out of the way of a swing. I hear you...
ReplyDeleteOwen's mom