Sunday, March 9, 2014

I have to cough = I have to puke

Over the past few weeks, school (RN to BSN program) has been killing me and I felt guilty for not completing all the tasks I wanted to do for the day. I keep seeing a stack of crap that needs to be sorted through and feeling like a failure when I trip over laundry… then I did a mental inventory of what I actually did today. So, I thought I would share and maybe help some of you overcome mommy guilt as well. 

Got up, went to Kroger and got groceries and coffee for me and the hubby, cooked breakfast for the kids, visited with my sister and my nephews and made them/us lunch, washed dishes that had to be hand washed, put away dishes in dishwasher, washed 2 loads of clothes, made dinner (one type for me and D) and another for the kids, wrote an 800 word paper, took 2 quizzes, watched an Episode of Sydney Real Life ER, bathed Miss A, blow dried her hair, and swept/mop the kitchen. And I seriously felt bad for the stack of random crap on the counter... Wow. I now absolve myself from any negative mommy bashing for the next week. School is out Friday. Can I get an Amen?

Wait... hold that thought. 

As I was about to publish this post.... Miss A sits up in bed and says “I have to cough!” then pukes everywhere in MY bed. So, now I can add washed the sheets, gave Miss A another bath, and finished watching 12 Years a Slave while I wait for everything to dry to my completed list. 

(End Scene) 



Maybe if all of us mommies took an inventory at the end of the day... Made a list of what we actually did instead of what we thought we needed to do we would feel much happier about our success as a wife/mom/friend. What did you get done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment